Fashion 60-ies is reasonably considered one of the most exciting destinations in history. It is reflected in special shapes and colours of such things as dresses, skirts, tunics, evening wear, shoes. An organic Supplement become hair and makeup.
Fashion 60-ies of the bright period in history. To this day some of the trends that time popular, especially among young people. This is reflected in the selection of items of clothing, characterized by a particular style, special hair styling and creating makeup.
The history of fashion 60-ies
This original direction as the style of 60-ies has certain periods of its existence:
- The first signs of this fashion for appeared in the ‘ 50s. Young people wanted to stand out from the crowd, to be different, to show their individuality. Designers began to focus on the desires of young people.
- The youth started idols, trying to imitate them. Almost all the currents that have characterized the fashion of the 60’s, went from London – they started to produce the first clothes in a suitable style.
- The motto of the dandies of that time – «moderation and accuracy». People wore costumes, perfect harmony with the figure, white shirts with narrow collars, slim ties and shoes with narrow toes. Important detail – zip jacket made of artificial leather, socks white. Complements the image of a perfect hairstyle.
- Proponents of the direction of the 60’s advocated minimalism, using the principle «less is more». The popularity of this course gave the press covering articles in their fashionable images. The Beatles followed this style, dressed in beautiful costumes to the nines.
- Girls had to wear pants and men’s shirts, cut and applied special makeup lighten your skin color. After in London, a mini skirt, which created a furor in society. Later became popular tunics and dresses with high waist, stockings, shoes without a heel.
- Any new fashionable trend requires a certain hairstyle. In the 60s, loved casually whipped hairstyle with fleece, although the creation of this masterpiece spent a considerable amount of time. Many well-known personalities only fueled interest in reform in a fashion. Moreover, the love among fashionistas won geometric haircuts that did not require heavy maintenance.
- Over time, the style designed for young people, and made his way to other countries. Begin to produce vinyl and other synthetics. Became popular headgear similar to helmets, suits, mini dresses with an a-line silhouette. This period can be called the time of artificial fabrics and the «space» of images. Often use false eyelashes, wigs, fine jewelry, huge sunglasses with plastic frames. Special recognition has gained high boots on a small heel.
- We can say that fashion in the ‘ 60s years were very versatile because it combines a few different images that inspire designers in our days.
Soviet fashion 60s years
In 60-e years in the USSR not too large a percentage of young people were aware of fashion trends, which are dictated by foreign designers. Fashion shows, which took place in Moscow, made a splash, although many of them learned only from the news. Fashion of the USSR of the 60s is characterized by the following features:
- Women of the Soviet Union also wanted to look fashionable and beautiful, although they had no such opportunities as the girls abroad. Fashion magazines have taken illegally, and the clothes brought from Europe, made people line up in huge queues.
- In 60-e years of Soviet ladies for the first time were able to try out stilettos, although shoes were not too comfortable. Typical clothing – black a tight sweater, tight skirt and shoes on this pin.
- Ladies first learned about the artificial tissue, which quickly became a favorite due to the ease in washing and cleaning and thanks to the low price. It has become fashionable faux fur.
- In 64-m to year caught the fancy of fashionistas nylon shirt, 67-m – clothing from crimplene. Mini skirt, also won the love of the Soviet women, although the police were forced fashionistas to change. Dissatisfied conservatives were and became a fashionable Trouser suits.
- As a result, Soviet women of fashion tried to follow Western trends, although they did this with some delay.
French fashion 60-ies
In the 60-ies of Paris is considered the fashion capital. Young people wanted to stand out from the crowd, and this needed special clothing:
- Not spared France a party to the acclaimed mini-skirts and mini-dresses. Nude female feet attracted the attention.
- However, as soon as people are used to in mini-skirts became fashionable pantsuits.
- As for the dresses – they were made in the form of simple geometric forms from inorganic matter.
- Fashion of the 60s in France, presented with bold combinations of colors, in some ways they were even psychedelic.
- As elsewhere, France has been a popular artificial materials.
Fashion of the 60’s – America
American fashion was similar to a small skirt, plastic jewelry, fitted pants, beautiful dresses. America 60, a style which sought to reproduce in other countries, provided such fashion trends:
- Valued very thin women on the catwalks began to see a pattern with 40-m size clothes and brightly painted eyes.
- This is the period of hippies who combined several styles, the clothes looked sloppy. Of particular value were hand-made jewelry.
- The girls wore as dresses or mini-skirts, and pants. Loved the dresses with a fluffy and flying skirt of bright colors. Used synthetic fabric.
- At this time began to be more open swimwear.
- The image of the complement of bags a rigid shape, big glasses in plastic frame.
Style icons of the 60s years
Young people need someone to look up to his style. The style of the 60’s presented such stars as Audrey Hepburn, Jacqueline Kennedy, Catherine Deneuve, cher, model Twiggy, Mary Quant, Edie Sedgwick, Anita Pallenberg, Jackie Onassis, the Ursula Anders, Jean Shrimpton. Are not all famous people because there were a great many. They directly influenced the opinions of young people about the style of dress.
The style of 60-ies in woman’s clothing
During this period, women have become bold and relaxed in terms of clothing. Fashion 60 years presented by such trends in clothing:
- Girls wore mini-skirts, clothes in bright colors made of artificial fabrics, with a clear geometry, large accessories.
- The feature, which is associated fashion 60-ies, «the concept of body awareness». In everyday life, in addition to daring skirts and dresses became wide leg pants and men’s shirts that women wore easy.
- Special love had shoes with small heels or high boots.
- Large jewelry, accessories, huge sunglasses, comb or short hair, bright colors and artificial cloth is what you need to recreate the female image of that time.
- Great outfit – elegant white gloves and false eyelashes.
- You can use free, and a deliberately careless hippie, who was also loved by the women in this time period.
Dress in the style of the 60
Incredibly beautiful and interesting thing in the closet was a dress in the style of 60-ies:
- Form characterized by strict lines geometrically clear. At the same time it was opposed to the very wide dresses or articles of small lengths. It all depended on what he wants to show himself to the woman at one point or another.
- Having t-shirt dress, Safari. The specific style of those years was the bright colors and unusual combinations, unusual patterns, psychedelic patterns.
- Evening dresses that represent the fashion of the 60’s, was feminine and sexy, lush and long. They can be as concise and richly decorated.
- Combined dresses with jackets or straight jackets. Frequent addition of the gloves, bags, scarves and headbands.
Skirt in the style of 60-Kh
The skirt is one of the most sought after items of clothing that represented the style of 60-ies in clothing:
- Popularity of sheath skirt, bell, cosmic prints, mini a-line skirts, flared skirts, flared high-waisted skirts pleated, skirts pencil.
- 60 years of the well-known simple cut skirts, so they blend with almost any clothing, although too openly fashionista was dressed.
- It is worth noting that at the time this garment was worn in the shoes on a small heel or without it.
Sundresses button-down style of the 60s
Extraordinary ladies fashion 60-ies presented in such a garment as a sleeveless button-down:
- Used buttons large size vintage style deliberately.
- Could be covered, wooden, plastic and intricate buttons medium or large sizes. The main idea is to highlight them on clothing, to set contrast. So often designers chose for his product is clear in colour.
- These skorts look interesting and unusual, especially in combination with bright decorative accessories and hairstyles. Nowadays «retro sundresses» relevant again.
Evening dress in the style of the 60’s
Interesting and original fashion of the 60s was reflected in the creation of evening dresses:
- Evening dresses could be both short and long, as humble, and richly decorated. The woman wanted to Express their individuality by wearing a dress, so the styles were for every taste.
- Existed and gowns, and strict. Loved ladies short free dresses, in which they dressed model Twiggy.
- This item of clothing that have characterized the fashion of the 60’s, must be beautiful, sexy and elegant, emphasizing the dignity of all shapes owner. Gorgeous skirt and modest top – here is a typical evening dress of the time.
Wedding dresses in style of the 60’s
At the same time strict and sophisticated is a wedding dress in the style of 60’s:
- You can choose a simple sheath dress or stop focusing on a lush skirt. The main thing that the clothes were not overloaded with unnecessary details.
- Fashion retro 60-ies is characterized by the fact that women prefer wedding dresses of pastel tones with different accessories like bows.
- Wore like long dresses, and knee length. In some cases, the bride chose a length of «mini», but then the long veil. Valid lace panels.
Outerwear style 60s
This trend as a retro fashion of the 60s was reflected in the manufacture of outerwear:
- to the top clothing in the 60 treated scrupulously. Wore coats, raincoats, jackets and classic blazers;
- the shoulders were said foam padding;
- loved the mods and tough leather jackets-leather jackets.
Shoes in the style of the 60’s
Extremely careful selection of footwear demanded fashion 60 years for women:
- In this time period wore platform shoes or a small heel. They complement a crisp solid tights or knee socks in bright colors.
- In addition to the Shoe fashionista loved high boots with a small heel or without it altogether.
Hairstyles in the style of 60-Kh
Great noteworthy hairstyles in the style of 60-ies:
- women have been doing incredibly shredded fleece with released tresses, for example, has become widely popular this hairdo in the style of the 60’s as Babette;
- special love purchased ultrashort haircuts strict geometric shapes;
- recreating hairstyles from the sixties sometimes takes a long time, but in our time it will look attractive and beautiful.
Makeup in the style of 60-Kh
Organic complement retro image will be makeup in the style of 60-ies:
- Applying makeup, women have tried to make the skin light beige. Tanned or dark skin then was not fashionable. You could use blush, but very pale.
- Fashion retro 60-ies suggests that special emphasis is placed on the eyes. Popular was the arrow, which gave the look a touch. Shadows covered the entire mobile eyelid, colors – bright and pastel, pearl effect. The eyelashes had to be thick and long, so mascara is applied in two or three layers.
- Lips painted not too bright, giving preference to natural shades. Bright color is assumed only for important events.